MINUTES OF THE FULL MEETING
Monday 5th OCTOBER 2015
Present: Cllr. A. Parker (Chair), Cllr. J. Skinner, Cllr. M Crookall, Cllr. C. Grainger, Cllr. M Green,
Cllr. M. Hayward, Cllr S Hayward, Cllr. K Jones, Cllr. F. Plowman and I Plowman (Clerk)
Apologies: Cllr. J. Scott,
Also Present: 4 Members of Public
1. PUBLIC GALLERY
Church Farm – Discussion concerning access to public grass area & possible adoption of road by Wiltshire Council
2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr. J. Scott
3. REGISTER OF INTERESTS
Cllr. Plowman – Appointment of Clerk
4. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 7th September 2015
Signed by Cllr. A Parker
5. APPOINTMENT OF CLERK
Appointment of Ian Plowman as Clerk was confirmed and contract of employment signed.
6. REGISTER OF ACTIONS
- Tree Felling – Clerk obtaining one quote & Cllr. Jones to obtain a further quote.
- Phone Box – Cllr, Jones to make inquiries to identify a potential restorer.
- War Memorial – Awaiting response from YKRA
- Clarks Leaze Playground – Annual Safety Inspection Report has been circulated, Cllr’s to review and discussion will be held at November meeting.
- Memorial Tree – Clerk to obtain quote to remove three Silver Birch trees at Market Cross and to plant a suitable replacement tree.
7. GRASS CUTTING
Cllr Jones to ask JCBS for quotation for cutting grass verges throughout village
Clerk Salary – £ 195.80 HM Revenue & Customs – £48.60
HAGS – SMP Ltd – £270 J C Bruce Scott – £564.00
9. PLANNING – None
10. COUNCILLORS QUESTIONS AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS
Community Speed Watch – Two advertisements have been placed and only three responses have been received, as it is recommended to have a minimum of six volunteer trained, it was agreed that the council would no longer pursue this issue.
Permanent Vehicle Activated Speed Signs (VAS) – Cllr Parker to write to M Rose (Wiltshire Council) requesting clarification of policy and previous discussions.
Biddestone Crossroads – Cllrs requested to keep a record of any Road Traffic Collisions that they are made aware of. As there is a lack of clear statistics Clerk to make a Freedom of Information Request to Wiltshire Police for statistics on RTC’s at this location.
Meeting closed 20:15
Next Meeting – 19th October 2015 – Community Fund
2nd November 2015