MINUTES OF A FULL MEETING OF YATTON KEYNELL PARISH COUNCIL
Monday March 2nd 2015
Present: Cllr. A. Parker (Chair), Cllr. J. Skinner, Cllr. Crookall, Cllr. S. Hayward, Cllr. C. Grainger, Cllr. M Green, Cllr. F. Plowman, and Becci Plowman (Clerk)
Apologies: Cllr. K Jones & Cllr. J. Scott
Also Present: 14 Members of the public
1. PUBLIC GALLERY
A discussion took place regarding the speed limit through the village. Some villagers were concerned that some people exceed the speed limit and wondered what could be done. They will set up a petition in order for people to express their concerns and place it will be placed in the shop, also Bill Parks from Highways will be invited to the next meeting to discuss the matter.
2. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr. K Jones and Cllr. J Scott
3. REGISTER OF INTERESTS
Cllr. S Hayward in regards to the co-option of the new member.
4. MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MARCH 2nd 2014
Signed by Cllr. A Parker
5. CO-OPTION OF NEW MEMBER(S)
Mark Hayward had put himself forward as the new member of the council. Following a discussion into this it was proposed that he be co-opted onto the council. All were in favour. With Cllr. M Hayward now on board, the council is once again at full capacity.
6. REGISTER OF ACTIONS
A rolling register of actions to be followed up each month will be set up before the next meeting.
Also mentioned was that the route of the solar farm cable had yet to be walked in order to see what needed to be done following the trenching work.
2 cheques were minuted from previous meetings for audit:
- Southern Electric £52.74 (April 2014)
- CPRE £36.00 (Direct Debit)(October 2014)
3 cheques were signed:
- £444 for JCBS for Maintenance work.
- £64.75 for YKPCC as a contribution from the council towards the churchyard
- £149.12 for Clerks wages.
8. DISTRIBUTION OF SOLAR FARM COMMUNITY FUND
The council has opted to have the money transferred directly to their account, and Cllr. Skinner has put together a proposed process in which, how to go about spending the money is discussed.
It is also planned that the council will write to each household within the parish in order to ask for suggestions. Each suggestion will need to be a costed proposal.
– 15/02716/LBC – SN147EW Re-instalment of chimney stack.
All voted in favour to no objections.
– 15/02298/FUL – SN147BH Rear extension to provide additional care facilities.
It was decided that the council will have the application called in to be discussed at committee as the application is for a residential property and the council view it to be more of a business property.
– 15/02110/FUL – SN147EU Siting of a domestic PV array in paddock adjoining garden & change of use from agricultural land to domestic land.
In terms of the PV array, there were no objections. However it was not understood as to why the change of use was needed. The change of use could be used to develop the area at a later date. Therefore it was decided to object to the application.
– 15/01595/FUL – SN147BH Extension and alterations to main house including demolition of swimming pool and conservatory and conversion of barn/garage into separate holiday let.
All voted in favour to no objections.
10. COUNCILLORS QUESTIONS AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS
It was decided that for this year the council would not enter ‘Best Kept Village’ following the disruption caused by the solar farm cable trenching.
It had been mentioned that the hedge along the outside of Clarks Leaze is hanging over the pavement, therefore the resident will be written to, to remind them to keep the hedge tidy and back so it doesn’t obscure the pavement.
Also discussed was the idea that the proposed war memorial could be placed in the road outside the shop, in order to act as a roundabout. This is something that will be looked into further before ascertaining if this is a viable option to be considered.
Meeting Closed 20:50
Next meeting May 11th 2015