Parish Council Meeting – Minutes 4th September 2017

Yatton Keynell Parish Council
MINUTES OF A FULL MEETING OF YATTON KEYNELL PARISH COUNCIL

Monday 4th September 2017

Present: Cllr A Parker (Chair), Cllr. M Crookall, Cllr. C. Grainger,
Cllr. F. Plowman, Cllr S Hayward, Cllr R Whittaker, Cllr Baroness J Scott of By Brook OBE and Ian Plowman (Clerk)
Apologies: Cllr. M Green, Cllr K Jones,
Also Present: 8 Members of the public

1. PUBLIC GALLERY
Grittleton Road Parking – inconsiderate parking both on the road and at times on the pavement is restricting visibility at Junctions and a hazard to pedestrians.
YKRA – Village Hall phase 1 relocation of toilet facilities has been completed and phase 2 creation of a second hireable room is in progress. Parish Councillors thanked the YKRA for the progress to date and wished them well for the future.
Draft Wiltshire Housing Site Allocation Plan, proposal to develop land to the East of Farrells Field – Site 482 was discussed.
Issues raise were:
Neighbourhood Plan – previously ruled out and as the consultation would take 18 – 24 months, it would not have an effect on this planning cycle.
Access – Cllr Baroness J Scott has written to Officers requesting that access is from B4039. It was noted that this access to the site was proposed in application N/10/03160/FUL in 2010 for Business Units. Pedestrian access to be via Farrells Field & Track.
In November 2014 the school was oversubscribed, this has now changed with a small intake in 2017 and forward projections show numbers declining. The Doctors Surgery also needs to be supported. As the village is classified as a large village with resources this will lead to development to ensure that the local economy remains robust and to ensure the sustainability of local businesses.
The ability of the services – Surface Water, Sewerage & Freshwater to cope with the construction of an additional 30 houses, this may make the site uneconomic to develop.
There is no currently no superfast Broadband in Farrells Field – Cllr Baroness J Scott to investigate options available.
The track between Blacksmith Close and the School – Cllr Baroness J Scott to investigate the possibility of having this designated a public right of way.
Residents were encouraged to submit their comments to Wiltshire Council.
Chairman to prepare Parish Council Submission and circulate to Councillors for comment.

2. REGISTER OF INTERESTS
Cllr Ralph Whittaker – Planning Application Consulted Neighbour Blarney Cottage Biddestone Lane.

3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllr. M Green, Cllr K Jones

4. MINUTES OF THE LAST PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meetings – 7th August 2017
Signed By: Cllr A Parker

5. REGISTER OF ACTION
War Memorial – Proposed design concept as per email from Cllr Plowman was approved.
St Margaret’s Church AV System – revised proposal has been submitted to the Diocese, a Faculty is still pending.

6. PLANNING
17/06617/FUL Regularise amendments to the original permission granted by 16/11131/FUL including amendments to the windows, fascia boards and dimensions of the approved extension – Blarney Cottage, Biddestone Lane.
Object & request that Cllr Baroness J Scott call the application in, if Officers are mindful to approve – Unaminous

17/07584/FUL Single Storey Extension 23 The Maltings
Support – Unaminous
Revised Plans – 17/03417/OUT – Land South-East of Junction 17 of M4 Motorway, Kington Langley.
Object – Unaminous – Chairman prepared & circulated response prior to the meeting, as the deadline was before the meeting. The Clerk confirmed these had been submitted.

7. CLERK & FINANCE
Payments Authorised:
I J Plowman – £ 168.65 – Salary August J C Bruce Scott – £782.00 – Village Maintenance
Duncan Joyce – £216.00 – Payroll services
Chippenham Town Council – £288.00 – Rental of SID 4 weeks Wiltshire Council – £224.50 – Footpath Project

8. COUNCILLORS QUESTIONS AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS
Cllr Hayward – Footpath behind The Manor – Footpath is being spoilt by dog walkers allowing their dogs to foul the path and not clearing mess. Include in Honeycomb report and Parish Council to source signs to request that mess is cleared.

Next meeting: Due to availability of Councillors it was agreed to postpone the meeting to Tuesday 3rd October 2017
Meeting Closed 20:40