Parish Council Meeting – 1st October 2018

Yatton Keynell Parish Council
MINUTES OF A FULL MEETING OF YATTON KEYNELL PARISH COUNCIL
Monday 1st October 2018

Present: Cllr A Parker (Chair), Cllr M Crookall, Cllr. C. Grainger, Cllr M Green, Cllr. F. Plowman, Cllr M Pope, Cllr S Richards, Cllr M Woodcock, Cllr Baroness J Scott OBE and Ian Plowman (Clerk)

Also Present: 5 Members of the public

1. PUBLIC GALLERY

A resident from Tiddleywink presented a letter to The Parish Council with regards to the speed limit and pedestrian access from Tiddleywink to the village, response to be drafted.

2, REGISTER OF INTERESTS
Cllr F Plowman – Consulted Neighbour Planning Application 18/08588/FUL

3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
None received

4. MINUTES OF THE LAST PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meetings – 3rd September 2018 Signed By: Cllr A Parker

5. REGISTER OF ACTION
CCATG Issues – Kents Bottom – Speed Limit to be reduced to 40 mph with improved settlement signage. Village 20 mph Speed Limit, as 20 mph is not enforced by Police and is not supported by Wiltshire Council, application will fail. Long Dean passing place meeting with Highway Engineer to be arranged.
Village Maintenance – Tender document to be redrafted.

6. PLANNING
Persimmon proposed development – Chairman updated the meeting on two meetings held with representatives from Persimmon.
Housing Needs Survey – Cllr J Scott to request Housing Department to organize survey.
Settlement Boundary Review – The Old Forge – Proposed change – Object Unaminous.
WHSA Plan PC91 Paragraph 5.110 – Cllr J Scott to request change of wording to state “Direct access from B4039 with pedestrian access from Farrells Field”
18/08588/FUL – 19 John Aubrey Close – Remodel Ground floor & Access.
Support
18/08446/REM – Land SE of Junction 17 – Application Noted
Wiltshire Local Plan Review – Cllrs Crookall & Woodcock to select a convenient meeting to attend.
Wiltshire Council in the past have held planning courses for Parish Councillors, Clerk to enquire if there are any planned in the near future.

7. CLERK & FINANCE
Payments Authorised:
P Rawlins – BBQ Harvest Lunch Food £60.10

A Parker – Market Cross Plaques & Expenses £183.58
J Bruce – Scott – £728.00 – Village Maintenance

CPRE – Annual Membership – Cllr S Richards to investigate

8. COUNCILLORS QUESTIONS AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE MEETINGS
The Bell Inn it was agreed that the Parish council will write to Ei Group plc expressing concern as to the state of the boundary wall on The Street and reminding them of the fact that two planning applications previously approved will shortly expire.
Broomfield sign – missing sign to be considered as a budget item in 2019/20.
Grittleton Road – speeding traffic. It was noted that as there was insufficient support for Community Speedwatch there little that the Parish council could do.
Grove Lane – No Through Road sign – faded condition to be reported to Parish Steward
Grittleton Road – Historic Building & Pinch Point between Coopers Meadow & Junction – Cllr Parker to discuss options with Highway Engineer.

Meeting Closed 20:15
Next meeting: Monday 5th November 2018